Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 20

© 2009 Carrie Morris

Last night we went to a pumpkin patch. They had a hay maze for the kids to play in. Olivia loved it. She was willing to try it on her own to begin with, but soon came back and asked her dad to help her through the maze. He helped her through it once, then she was off and willing to do it on her own again. But, as I watched Brad take her hand and guide her through the turns and paths in the maze I was touched by the analogy playing out right before my eyes.
We come down to earth anxious to try out new things. Sometimes we jump right in and think we can do it on our own, only to quickly realize we need a guiding hand and some reassurance from our Father to make it through life's mazes. He's there and willing, we just need to ask... and then LISTEN. He will guide us to where we need to be.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a cute pic Carrie.
Fathers are SO important.
Great post.

Annette said...

You're amazing! You just became my favorite blogger!

Amie said...

btw, I'm making some small progress on my snow leopard issues. my iphone is now being recognized by my computer. but I'm still very grumpy about my canon not being recognized. will keep you posted though. sigh. . .

Jill said...

Beautiful Carrie!! What would we do without our Fathers?!?!