Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 42

© 2009 Carrie Morris

I have learned so much since having kids.
I'm not a big fan of winter... except for the holidays that come along with the season. But, since Olivia has first seen snow, she's helped me look forward to it a little more. She's taught me that I can find joy in everything. EVEN the things I think are uncomfortable and not at the top of my favorites list. When I watch how excited she gets when there is snow to be played in, "frosty snowmans" to be built, and fresh snow to munch on, I can't help but be grateful for the joy it puts into her heart.

It makes me look at the other "not so favorite things" in life and wonder how I can find joy in them also. Isn't that one of life's tests? To see if the way we pass through trials is acceptable, not just whether we make it past the trials? So, I am trying harder to be better during my trials... to remember to be grateful for them and for the things I learn from each.
To murmur less and to give thanks more.

No comments: