Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 47

© 2009 Carrie Morris

I love how inviting and warm this front porch is.
I want to go sit in that rocking chair and wave as people drive past. I want to enjoy the friendliness of the neighborhood and people around me. I want people to feel that way when they come to my home. I was lucky enough to grow up in a home that people loved to visit. Friends were always welcome and often dropped by unannounced. My parents are great at making people feel welcome and like you're part of the family right away. I'm grateful for the example my parents gave to their children of how to treat others and how to accept all who come into our lives. It's a gift and a trait that I hope I can teach my own children.

4 comments:

Maricela said...

I always tell heston that when we have our getting old in house, I have to have a porch with a swing...even a rocking chair will do. I love being outside, especially at the change of the seasons - from winter to spring and from hot summer to fall.

Melissa said...

Man I LOVE porches. Nothing better than a good porch, good weather and good company.
Great post.

Tiffany said...

Is that house on 1400? You are right that these traits have to be taught. I'm sad to say my parents taught me the opposite and so I've had to work on it my whole adult life.

Jill said...

Your parents are wonderful people. Very warm and caring!! I love them. :)